- Home »
- License Manager Help
The activation of TOOLS for SMART MINDS software is managed by the License Manager tool, present in all programs (to know how to access, see the relevant guides). It allows viewing all applications and Addons by TOOLS for SMART MINDS installed on your computer and their activation state. Its main window is shown in the figure below.
Figure 1 - License Manager Tool Main Window
License Manager has to be executed with administrative privileges on your computer.
All licenses are associated to your Computer (hardware) components. For this reason, a license activated on a computer cannot be moved to another one.
The easiest and fastest way to activate the products is by using an Internet connection.
Follow the procedure referring to the numbers in the figure below.
Figure 2 - License management: activate a license - Online Activation
1. Edit User Info: The first thing to do is to enter the user information via Edit User Info. It must be done only the first time that a T4SM product is installed.
All fields are required.
The following example illustrates how to fill the form.
Figure 3 - User Information in Activation Dialog
2, 3. Edit Authorization Code: to enter the activation code select the product in the table on the left (number 2) and click on Edit Authorization Code (number 3).
In the window that opens enter the code and click OK.
Figure 4 - Edit Authorization Code
4. Activate: select the Activate button in the main window to activate your products.
In case your computer is not connected to the Internet for any reason, you can activate your products with the following procedure.
Figure 5 - License management: activate a license - Online Activation
Follow the steps referring to the figure above:
1. Edit User Info. Ensure user information is correctly filled.
2, 3. Edit Authorization Code: edit all activation codes for the products you want to activate.
4. Save Activation Request: generate your Activation Request file and transfer it on a computer connected to the Internet.
6. Import Activation File: extract .lc file attached to reply email received from TOOLS for SMART MINDS Activation Service and import .lc file by Import Activation File button.
Products can be in one of the following states:
At the left of the product name there is a symbol which indicates the action associated with the product itself:
To add/edit an authorization code to a product, click on the product name in the products table and press the Edit Authorization code button. Type the authorization code, generally in the form xxxxx-xxxxx.
Figure 6 - Edit Authorization Code
You can view product details, if available, with a double click over product row. The following figure illustrates the details window.
Figure 7 - Product Details
Product details are useful if you have installed applications/Addon which include parameters defined at activation time.